Electricity - Autumn 2
Over the course of this half-term, our overarching theme will be electricity. We will be learning about the following:
Key figures in the history of electricity
How power is generated
Our literacy sequence will focus on:
· Writing to instruct;
· Narrative writing and comprehension;
· Writing to discuss.
This half term we will be concentrating
on the following aspect of maths:
· Finding equivalent fractions;
· Adding and subtracting fractions;
· Multiplying and dividing fractions;7
· Solving problems using previous knowledge.
In science, we are focusing on:
· Knowing how to construct a functional circuit and being able to represent this in the appropriate circuit symbols;
· Understanding how the voltage of a power source affects how a bulb or motor works;
· Planning and conducting experiments which are accurate and fair.
In art, we will be looking at:
· Creating a piece of art which represents ourselves.
· Using a variety of marks for effect.
In PSHE, we will be looking at:
· How our actions affect others and make them feel;
· E-Safety—how to keep safe on the internet;
· Working together.
The area we will focus on:
· Key discoveries in the history of electricity
INFORMATION, COMMUNICATIONS, TECHNOLOGY
Using sequencing software to create and electronic piece of music.
Cinema—Despicable Me 3
PE kit or Forest School clothing is required every FRIDAY.
If you have any queries or problems please do not hesitate to
come and see me.
Home Learning Activities- Autumn 1
Make up a story set on a space station in the future. 5 Dojo-points
Design a set of rules/ laws for the new community on Mars
Make a model of a space ship
To be a space engineer you have to be good at maths and physics so learn all your tables to 10 x 10 (rapid recall)
Make up a piece of music or a song that is inspired by Space. Record it or perform it to us.
Write a poem about either our planet or an alien one. 3 Dojo-points
the ultimate spacesuit, don’t forget to annotate all the design features
Explain how shadows are formed
Read a science fiction or a fact book about space and write a book review
Write a report on anything that interests you about space.
Draw or paint a picture of an animal that lives on new planet
Make a model of a space station