Rivers- Summer 1
Over the course of this half-term, our overarching theme will be rivers.
In geography we will be...
· Locating the River Parrett using a range of maps,
· Considering what the River Parrett is like and how it changes along its course,
· Identifying the components of the water cycle and understanding how rivers are part of this cycle,
· Answering the question: “‘what happens to water when it reaches the ground?’ “
· Identifying the key features of a river,
· Undertaking field work
· Making maps and plans
· Understanding how rivers erode, transport, and deposit materials producing particular landscape features.
Our literacy sequence will focus on:
· Preparing children for the upcoming SATS tests in reading and SPaG
· Writing a variety of different text types including poetry, formal and narrative pieces.
This term we will be concentrating on the following aspect of maths:
· The measuring of angles
· Calculating missing angles in shapes
· Drawing shapes accurately
· Nets of 3D shapes
In art, we will be looking at:
· How animals camouflage themselves.
· Using a variety of media to create a backdrop and animal.
· Well-known artists representations of flowers and rivers
· Exploring the use of watercolours with the aim of creating a piece representing a river
In RE, we will be looking at:
· The Hindu creation myth.
· How Hinduism commemorates important events on life’s journey.
· The Hindu code of conduct
· Important Hindu festivals
The area we will focus on is:
· Famous impressionist artists.
7th June—Rivers trip
PE kit is required every Wednesday.
Homework will be given out on Friday.
Please could you make an effort to hear your child read as frequently as possible as it will greatly benefit your child’s literacy.
If you have any queries or problems please do not hesitate to
come and see me.
Home Learning Activities- Summer 1
Home learning tasks have been sent home separately and your child can complete as many of these as they wish. They can change the task being as creative as they want, and it is expected that at least two tasks are finished. These tasks can be brought in at any point during the half term. Homework will also go out weekly with a focus on spelling and times tables.